Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back to School!

I'm really lovin frame "wreaths" this my tribute to the kids being back in school, wooo hooo!
I found this frame at the resale shop for $2.00, yes!
Please sand before you start spray painting!!! Again I tried to short-cut it and again it was a losing battle, experience talking, do it right from the beginning! Spray painted the frame Banner Red by Krylon.
The F is for Ferguson not because my kids get F's ;). The cardboard F came from JoAnn's, months ago, out of the clearance bins near the fabric cutting table. What marketing geniuses putting clearance bins where you wait your turn to have your fabric cut. Of course I needed the two they had, I didn't have a plan, but you never know when you will need 6 inch initials.
I spray painted it flat black like a black board. Not sure if all my kids even know what a black board is?
Michael's had the cutest school buttons and chalk board ribbon. I cut the backs off the buttons and glued them to the F. I made the bow using this technique, layering it with royal blue.
Finally I used some the kids extra school supplies and glue them on the frame.

I just loved how it turned out.


Enjoy the school year 24-7!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment